BROWSE MY RIDDLE OF STEEL ITEMS CURRENTLY IN STOCK
Conan's Father: Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.
- Conan the Barbarian, 1982
The Riddle of Steel: Roleplaying With an Edge
* The most realistic combat system in any RPG, requiring thought, strategy, and cunning -- not just brute strength or a hack-and-slash mentality.
* Limitless use of sorcery and magic - sorcerers create their own spells on the fly with easy-to-use guidelines.
* First-priority on who a character is, not what a character is -- characters progress as they further their own beliefs, goals, and destinies.
* An immense campaign world, Weyrth™, with over 40 distinct nations, races, religions, and cultures.
* Simple yet detailed game mechanics for all levels of gamers, from beginner to hardened veteran.
* Core rules and world guide contained in THIS BOOK! No annoying "Player Guide" and "GM Guide," charging you double the money for the contents of one game!
* Complete player support online including downloads, articles, forums, tips, and more!"
2001, 2002 ... Jacob Norwood ... 270 pages (hardcover) ... Driftwood Publishing ... DFW 1001 ... ISBN 0971531412
Of Beasts and Men
"Of Beasts and Men...
* Dozens of creatures, characters, adventures, and ideas for your TROS campaign.
* Emphasis on quality entries over quantity of entries; each item within has enough information for several game sessions.
* Quality illustrations for most entries by known industry artists.
* Long-awaited rules and tables for non-humanoid opponents, including animal damage charts, jousting rules, and pack-hunting tactics."
2003 ... 140 pages ... DFW 1002 ... ISBN 0971531439
Riddle of Steel Companion
"A Wealth of New Material for the Critically Acclaimed and Best Selling Riddle of Steel Roleplaying Game.
Here's just a sample of what The Riddle of Steel Companion contains:
* Many Brand New Character Creation options; including New Character Creation methods such as Random Roll and Point-Based, Epic-Priorities, and a section full of New Gifts and Flaws.
* Completely Revised Skill Mechanics with New Skills, Skill Packages, Crafting Mechanics and Specialization Rules.
* Greatly Expanded Spiritual Attributes section with a New SA, New Options, Examples, and a New Drama Mechanic.
* Variant Damage and Fatigue Mechanics; a Combat Strategy Article giving tips and advice for Players and Seneschals alike running Combat in The Riddle of Steel; New Rules for Followers and Animal Companions.
* Voices and Prophecy, a Faith based system for The Riddle of Steel allowing Players to Roleplay Saints, Prophets, and the Chosen of the Gods.
* A Seneschal's section including Articles on World Building, to create the perfect environment for your Campaigns; Norse Trolls, a New Terror to introduce into your Campaigns; and the (In)Famous Caravan Adventure, an introductory Adventure for The Riddle of Steel.
All this and much more waits inside for those brave enough to further their knowledge of the Riddle..."
2005 ... Brian Leybourne ... 140 pages ... Driftwood Publishing ... DFW 1003 ... ISBN (none)
The Flower of Battle: A Book of Weapons, Duels and Battles for Riddle of Steel
"The Ultimate Martial Supplement to the critically acclaimed Riddle of Steel roleplaying game.
New Maneuvers and Proficiencies, to add further options to your campaign.
Updated, Archery, Armor, Initiative, and Terrain rules.
New Firearms, Poison, and Weapon Schools sections.
A complete Mass Combat system that encourages Heroic Actions, allowing individuals to make a considerable difference in open warfare.
A section detailing Items of Power, objects which over time develop their own spiritual attributes to benefit, as well as possibly hinder, their bearer.
Over 100 Weapons, most seen for the first time, with complete descriptions and fully illustrated."
2004 ... Brian Leybourne & Jacob Norwood ... 220 pages ... Driftwood Publishing ... DFW 1005 ... ISBN (none)
| 2300 AD | 7th Sea | AD&D | Aftermath! | Albedo | Aliens | Arduin | Alternity | Amazing Engine | Amber Diceless | Ars Magica | Atlantis | Babylon 5 | Battletech | Boardgames / Wargames - Other | Boot Hill | Buck Rogers | Bushido | Call of Cthulhu | Castle Falkenstein | Chill | Chivalry & Sorcery | Conan | Cyberpunk | Cyborg Commando | Dark Conspiracy | DC Heroes | Deadlands | Doctor Who | DragonQuest | Dream Park | Dune | Dungeons & Dragons | Dying Earth | Earthdawn | Elfquest | Elric / Stormbringer | Everway | The Fantasy Trip | Foreign Language Roleplaying Games | Game of Thrones | Gamma World | GangBusters | Gear Krieg | Ghostbusters | GURPS | Harn | High Fantasy | Indiana Jones | James Bond | Jorune | Judge Dredd | Justifiers | Living Steel | Lords of Creation | Man, Myth & Magic | Marvel Super Heroes | Middle Earth Role Playing | Midkemia | Military Roleplaying Stockpile | Millennium's End | Miscellanea | Morrow Project | Mythus - Dangerous Journeys | Nightlife | Pendragon | Phoenix Command | Powers & Perils | Red Sonja | Renegade Legion | Riddle of Steel | Ringworld | Robotech | Rolemaster | Runequest | Shadowrun | Shatterzone | Sovereign Stone | Space 1889 | Space Master | Space Opera - Other Suns | Star Ace | Star Frontiers | Star Trek | Star Wars | Super Hero RPGs | Talislanta | Talisman | Tekumel | Terminator 2 | Thieves' World | Timemaster | Top Secret | Traveller | Tribe 8 | Tunnels & Trolls | Twilight: 2000 | Villains & Vigilantes | Warhammer | Whispering Vault | Willow | Witchcraft | Ysgarth | CAMPAIGN BUILDING | RPG MAGAZINES | Avalanche Press | Avalon Hill | Bard | Chaosium | Columbia Games | Dream Pod 9 | Fantasy Games Unlimited (FGU) | FASA | Flying Buffalo | Game Designers Workshop (GDW) | Gamelords | Gamescience | Games Workshop | Judges Guild | Leading Edge Games | Mayfair Games | Metagaming | Pacesetter | Palladium | SPI | Steve Jackson Games | Tri Tac | TSR | Victory Games | West End Games | White Wolf | Wizards of the Coast | Yaquinto Publications |
| Return Home | What's New | Contact WaynesBooks.com |