Return to AD&D Central
AD&D Trivia Game [BOX SET]
• 600 Question cards
• 10 Full-color character cards
• 60 Full-color playing pieces
• 5 Divider cards
• 1 Rules sheet
• 1 Question box
• 1 Plastic bag for playing pieces
"What's tall, green, and can regenerate lost limbs? Whether you know a little or a lot about the role-playing game, you can play AD&D Trivia. You choose the level of questions you wish to answer -- from simple multiple choice to complex puzzlers. Either way, with luck and skill you can vanquish your opponents.
AD&D Trivia is more than just Q and A. You play the "role" of an AD&D character or monster. Your wit is your weapon; each correct answer literally wounds your opponents (or helps you heal). The tougher the question, the harsher the attack. The last survivor wins the game."
1991 ... TSR 1069 ... ISBN 1560760583
Castles [BOX SET]
* three 48-page booklets
* three posters
* three fold-out maps
* 4-page castle assembly sheet
* 12 three-leaf castle punch-out sheets
"EXPLORE THREE SPECTACULAR CASTLES...
* "Darkhold" in the FORGOTTEN REALMS setting: Towering stronghold of the nefarious Black Network.
* "Drungar" in the DRAGONLANCE setting: Bastion of defense against Thenol's undead armies.
* "Hart" in the GREYHAWK setting: A paladin's shining, star-shaped fortress.
See each castle brought to life in its own dramatic full-color poster, a full-color map, plus a 48-page book describing the fortress and all the scheming characters who live there.
FIGHT BATTLES AT THE CASTLE WALLS...
Experience the thrill of conquest with:
* Huge BATTLESYSTEM scenarios for each castle
* A complete war on the Drungar Frontier
* New and expanded siege, sorcery, and campaign rules for the BATTLESYSTEM miniatures game
BUILD A FORTRESS!
Construct key parts of Hart, Drungar, and Darkhold - or build your own fortress with these ADVENTURE FOLD-UP pieces:
* Over 40 towers, buildings, and walls
* Over 60 accessories, including battlements, doors, windows, arrow slits, rooftops, and drawbridges
* Over 40 "Tools of War," from fieldworks and siege towers to ballistae and a catapult
* Over 80 floorplan aids, including 2-D markers for corridors, stairwells, and more
1990 ... WRITING: Jeff Grubb & David "Zeb" Cook & Bruce Nesmith CASTLES: Dennis Kauth & David C. Sutherland III & Ronald Kauth ... TSR 1056 ... ISBN 0880388838
Dragon Mountain [BOX SET]
There are at least two distinct printings of this set. The earlier printing (1993, with TSR rectangular gold badge) displays (on the back of the box) the content item count is erroneously claimed as 12 cards, 16 handouts (actual count is 14 & 14.) But there is also a folded poster of the cover art by Paul Jaquays in the first print set.
The 2nd printing (TSR round gold badge logo; states July 1994 on back of box) correctly claims 14 cards, 14 handouts on the box rear [physical count confirmed]. The poster is not present in this printing.
"The ultimate DUNGEON MASTER fantasy! This is the most deluxe dungeon, designed to appeal to discriminating and demanding role-players. Adventurers, beware. This is more than just a dragon hunt. Within the lair of this beast lie cruel and and deadly traps, befuddling conundrums and puzzles, and cunning minions that will be the end of overconfident or careless adventurers."
Inside this box there are (with my notes):
* Three 64-page books, comprising two adventures that link into one super-campaign
The books are not named. Book 1 (1089XXX1901), Book 2 (1089XXX1902), and Book 3 (1089XXX1903).
* 14 full-color reference cards [cardstock]
Map 1A, Level 2
Map 1B, Level 2
Map 1C, Level 3
Warriors of Winter
Dwarven Burial Chamber
DM Map to Dragon Mountain
Amulet of Dragon Warding
Art showing entrance
* 14 special player handouts [stationery-grade paper]
Handout 1: Letter about the weapon Chyrithis
Handout 2: The Journal of Ferenik Stonefist (4 sheets)
Handout 7: Job offer letter
Players' Map to Dragon Mountain
Handout 9: Letter to Dragon from village
Handout 10: Letter to Harixis from Nasagan
* Eight Monstrous Compendium sheets (Brain Spider; Dragon-kin; Dwarven Undead; Earth Weird; Fiend, Water Lord; Living Steel; Gnasher; Gnasher, Winged; Kobold, Dragon Mountain; Noran; Ophidian; Rautym; Squeeker; Stone Snake; Suwyze)
* A sheet of (48) cardstock standups with 24 plastic bases
* Six full-color poster maps, two of which link together to make a giant tactical playing surface for use with miniatures or the included cardstock figures.
All single-sided posters.
1089XXX0701 Battle Map 1
1089XXX0702 Battle Map 2
1089XXX0703 Dungeon Level 1
1089XXX0704 Dungeon Level 2
1089XXX0705 Dungeon Level 3
1089XXX0706 Dragon Lair Tactical Map
1993 ... Colin McComb & Paul Lidberg ... TSR 1089 ... ISBN 1560765984
Cardmaster Adventure Design Deck [BOX SET]
Monster Deck art is from the Monstrous Manual. Treasure Deck art ?. Location Deck art by Valerie Valusek.
* 16-page booklet (1090XXX1901)
* 216 cards (108 Location, 54 Treasure, 54 Monster)
* 3 cardstock sheets of dungeon accessories, meant to be cut (1090XXX0501, 1090XXX0502, 1090XXX0503)
* single-page adventure hooks sheet (3rd through 5th level adventures; 4 adventure seeds each level)
* 6 polyhedral dice
"Deal a dungeon? Deal a castle? Deal rooms with magical items, monsters, and danger lurking behind every table, box, and bookcase? The AD&D CARDMASTER Adventure Design Deck is an exciting new tool for DMs, and a thrilling new game for players. DMs will use the Adventure Design Deck to create dramatic settings for their adventures. Players can use Cardmaster to go a-questing with a DM. Even solo adventures are possible, just by shuffling the cards.
108 Location Cards depict unique and mysterious rooms and corridors on three dungeon levels. And on all levels are treasures to be found and monsters to be conquered. The Treasure Deck contains 54 cards full of loot and magical items. Explore each room for treasure, but beware of traps! And beware of the 54 different monsters with their own traps and snares, nesting in their own Deck. They are waiting for you... and some of them are hungry!"
1993 ... Rich Borg ... TSR 1090 ... ISBN 1560766123
First Quest: The Introduction to Role-Playing Games
"Join the heroes who find epic adventure with the First Quest™ audio CD game, the first interactive audio CD role-playing game ever created. Play its audio CD and hear monsters, magic, and mysterious dungeons spring to life. As the CD's interactive adventures, sound effects, and music ring forth, you and your friends play fighters, wizards, clerics, and thieves. Treasure, magic, and glory await. But beware! So do deadly creatures.
Now everyone can play the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons® game!
The First Quest CD audio game is the fastest, easiest way you can play the AD&D® game. Everything you need to get off to a great start is here!
The First Quest audio CD game contains:
* The audio role-playing CD featuring over 60 minutes of digitally recorded soundtracks, in its case
* 6 plastic player character miniatures with a hero card for each
* Dungeon Master® Screen and adventure book
* Rulebook and 2 spell books
* Full-color book of monsters and treasures
* Full-color double-sided dungeon map
* Player aid/character sheet card and town map card
* Dramatic wall poster
* Plus 7 adventure dice"
1994 ... TSR 1105 ... 1560768444
These two late-run AD&D box sets appear quite different, but they are very much related. FIRST QUEST and INTRO to AD&D, compared side-by-side in photos over at my Game Gallery blog. AD&D 2e morphs graphically into 2.5e. Enjoy! -Wayne
FIRST QUEST (1994) and INTRO to AD&D (1995): What a Difference a Year Makes
Introduction to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Game [BOX SET]
* Player Handbook (32 pages)
* Dungeon Master Guide (64 pages)
* Monstrous Manual (32 pages)
* Dungeon Master Screen
* Map (2 sides: Tomb of Damara / House on Harrow Hill)
* Play cards, including 6 hero cards
* Audio CD
* 6 plastic figures
* 7 dice
1995 ... TSR 1134 ... ISBN 0786903325
Council of Wyrms [BOX SET]
Council of Wyrms: THE OLD SCHOOL DRAGONS
"IMAGINE player characters of such fierce countenance and unstoppable power that only one setting can hold them!
IMAGINE having abilities of sweeping scope, breath weapons of deadly power, claws like long swords, teeth like daggers!
Council of Wyrms provides everything you need to create a campaign for dragon player characters. In addition, there are rules for creating elf, dwarf, and gnome 'kindred' for your dragon, and details on two new character types: half-dragons and dragon slayers." ...
Inside you'll find:
* A 64-page Rules book packed full of rules for creating and playing dragon, kindread, and half-dragon player characters
* A 64-page Campaign book detailing a dragon's campaign and the legendary Council of Wyrms, revealing the secrets of dragonking and outlining new player-character kits
* A 64-page Adventures book to challenge the strongest dragon characters
* 12 full-color reference cards
* 3 full-color posters, including a dragon's size-comparison chart, a map of the dragons' island home, and a guide to the dragon clans."
1994 ... TSR 1107 ... ISBN 1560768576
Night Below: An Underdark Campaign [BOX SET]
Be sure to visit my Night Below blog page. Lots of photos!
"Night Below, the first epic campaign adventure for the AD&D game, is designed to take the player characters from 1st level to 10th level and beyond. The PCs start as beginning adventures on a routine courier mission who soon become drawn into combating a sinister plot that menaces the pleasant land of Haranshire.
By the end of Book I, The Evils of Haranshire, the player characters should have worked their way up to 5th level. Book II, Perils of the Underdark, shifts the scene underground as the characters search the seemingly endless realm of the underdark to discover the fate of the kidnappers' victims. By the time they reach the dark cavern of The Sunless Sea in Book III, they should each be 10th level or above, ready at last to confront the ultimate evil behind the far-reaching conspiracy.
Inside this box are
* Three 64-page books compromising a single grand-scale adventure, which can be placed in any AD&D world.
* 16 Player Handout sheets featuring art, maps, charts, and letters.
* 8 two-sided DUNGEON MASTER Reference Cards providing cutouts, monster rosters, and two new evil deities.
* An eight-page booklet of new MONSTROUS COMPENDIUM entries, detailing three new races and two new monsters. (Aboleth, Savant; Elf, Rockseer; Ixitxachitl, Ixzan; Eel, Giant Moray; Golem, Shaboath)
* 6 full-color poster maps detailing all the important locations in the entire campaign setting."
The "six" poster maps are actually 3 double-sided maps. -W
1995 ... Carl Sargent ... TSR 1125 ... ISBN 0786901799
The Rod of Seven Parts (Tomes) [BOX SET]
"Imagine a time before the words Good and Evil had meaning, a day when the world was young. Discover an ancient conflict that predates the stars. It was in these days that Law and Chaos forged worlds out of nothingness; their war began while the cosmos was yet unfinished.
The Rod of Seven Parts defines epic role-playing. The reappearance of the Rod has awakened the powers of Chaos, and their queen seeks to turn the whole world into a battleground. Bold heroes must undertake the enormous task of seeking out and assembling the pieces of the Rod, but even its power cannot stand alone. Ages ago, primal forces of Law stood fast against Chaos; now their champions must once more confront the Queen of Chaos and her foul spyder-fiends, lest the flame of civilization be extinguished.
Follow the quest for the capricious Rod as it leads characters on a journey of high fantasy. The Rod of Seven Parts is designed for four to six heroes and heroines of levels 10 to 12.
This boxed set includes:
* Initiation to Power, a 96-page book of grand adventure playable in any AD&D world, including original campaigns;
* The War Against Chaos, a 64-page book of world-crossing adventures pitting PCs toe to toe against the minions of Chaos;
* Might and Menace, a 32-page book detailing the mysterious powers of the Rod of Seven Parts: how it affects both its enemies and its friends;
* Monsters, a 16-page book of new villains, new monsters, and even a new race!
* 6 two-sided reference cards;
* 3 double-sided, full-color poster maps portraying the key locations heroes can visit.
Read about this ancient artifact in the epic novel The Rod of Seven Parts by best-selling author Douglas Niles!"
1996 ... Skip Williams & Jim Roslof (art) & Erol Otus (art) ... TSR 1145 ... ISBN 0786904186
Return to the Tomb of Horrors (Tomes) [BOX SET]
An update to the classic adventure by Gary Gygax.
I've posted a full pictorial of the set over at my Game Gallery blog
"Imagine a place of unspeakable evil. It was built upon hopelessness and filled with unending terror and pain. This loathsome place shattered the life of everyone who ventured near. But through tremendous sacrifice and heroism, over the course of many years, it was finally gutted and its foul creator destroyed.
Now imagine that the horror is beginning all over again.
The sinister wizard Acererak took great pains to safeguard his tomb. It took many years, and many more lives, before his evil was finally laid to rest. But though the demilich is gone, he is not forgotten. Others who would become as he was have traveled to the site of Acererak's tomb seeking the secrets of mastery of death. Slowly these pilgrims gathered, eventually building in the shadow of the tomb itself a community dedicated to the dark arts: Skull City.
But even these twisted necromancers have no inkling of the true evil that swells and crackles beneath their feet.
This boxed adventure contains:
* a 160-page adventure book;
* a 32-page book of illustrations to be shown to players;
* player handouts, including an adventurer's diary filled with clues;
* a 16-page book of maps and monsters;
* and a reprinted facsimile of the original Tomb of Horrors adventure module as first published in 1978.
Return to the Tomb of Horrors is an epic adventure for characters of levels 13-16."
1998 ... Bruce Cordell & E. Gary Gygax (foreward) ... TSR 1162 ... ISBN 0786907320
Core Rules CD-ROMCore Rules 1.0 (CD-ROM)
1996 ... TSR 2167 ... ISBN ?
Core Rules 2.0 (CD-ROM)
"The Essential Software For All AD&D Players and Dungeon Masters!
• Complete text of nine key AD&D rule books - reference over 2,000 pages of interactive rules.
• Character Generator includes all PLAYER'S OPTION rules - create, maintain, and print fully detailed characters.
• Map Maker II and Campaign Mapper let you create and link detailed overland, city, or dungeon maps in full color - even link map locations to monster and treasure databases.
• Dice Roller software automatically rolls and totals all kinds of dice rolls.
• Generate treasures and encounters automatically and link them to maps - and customize the tables to suit your campaign."
1998 ... TSR 2176 ... ISBN 0786907932
Core Rules 2.0 Expansion (CD-ROM)
"Even More Features for the Essential Software for AD&D Players and Dungeon Masters
• Create characters with custom classes, including specialty priests
• Key features of 150 custom character kits, as appear in the Complete Handbook series
• All nine key AD&D rulebooks included in HTML - over 2,000 pages now hypertext-linked and accessible by Windows 95, Windows 98, Macintosh systems
• Eleven new Complete Handbooks added: Bards, Druids, Fighters, Paladins, Priests, Thieves, Wizards, Rangers, Elves, Dwarves, and Gnomes & Halflings
• Additional map set featuring building interiors, for the Map Maker II program
• Customize character record sheets by converting to Rich Text Format files
• Create multiple non-player characters (NPC groups)"
1999 ... TSR 11543 ... ISBN 0786915439
Wizards of the Coast owns (and holds trademark to) the AD&D game in all forms.
| Hardbacks | Boxed Sets | Accessories | Accessories - Campaign | Encyclopedias & Compendiums | Guides | Modules A-G | Modules H-I | Modules L+ | Modules - Unlettered |
| CORE RULES | Al-Qadim | Birthright | Dark Sun | Dragonlance | Forgotten Realms | Greyhawk | Kara-Tur | Lankhmar | Monstrous Arcana | Mystara | Planescape | Ravenloft | Spelljammer | Non-TSR AD&D | AD&D - Spanish/Español |
| 2300 AD | 7th Sea | AD&D | Aftermath! | Albedo | Aliens | Arduin | Alternity | Amazing Engine | Amber Diceless | Ars Magica | Atlantis | Babylon 5 | Battletech | Boardgames / Wargames - Other | Boot Hill | Buck Rogers | Bushido | Call of Cthulhu | Castle Falkenstein | Chill | Chivalry & Sorcery | Conan | Cyberpunk | Cyborg Commando | Dark Conspiracy | DC Heroes | Deadlands | Doctor Who | DragonQuest | Dream Park | Dune | Dungeons & Dragons | Dying Earth | Earthdawn | Elfquest | Elric / Stormbringer | Everway | The Fantasy Trip | Foreign Language Roleplaying Games | Game of Thrones | Gamma World | GangBusters | Gear Krieg | Ghostbusters | GURPS | Harn | High Fantasy | Indiana Jones | James Bond | Jorune | Judge Dredd | Justifiers | Living Steel | Lords of Creation | Man, Myth & Magic | Marvel Super Heroes | Middle Earth Role Playing | Midkemia | Military Roleplaying Stockpile | Millennium's End | Miscellanea | Morrow Project | Mythus - Dangerous Journeys | Nightlife | Pendragon | Phoenix Command | Powers & Perils | Red Sonja | Renegade Legion | Riddle of Steel | Ringworld | Robotech | Rolemaster | Runequest | Shadowrun | Sovereign Stone | Space 1889 | Space Master | Space Opera - Other Suns | Star Ace | Star Frontiers | Star Trek | Star Wars | Super Hero RPGs | Talislanta | Talisman | Tekumel | Terminator 2 | Thieves' World | Timemaster | Top Secret | Traveller | Tribe 8 | Tunnels & Trolls | Twilight: 2000 | Villains & Vigilantes | Warhammer | Whispering Vault | Willow | Witchcraft | Ysgarth | CAMPAIGN BUILDING | RPG MAGAZINES | Avalanche Press | Avalon Hill | Bard | Chaosium | Columbia Games | Dream Pod 9 | Fantasy Games Unlimited (FGU) | FASA | Flying Buffalo | Game Designers Workshop (GDW) | Gamelords | Gamescience | Games Workshop | Judges Guild | Leading Edge Games | Mayfair Games | Metagaming | Pacesetter | Palladium | SPI | Steve Jackson Games | Tri Tac | TSR | Victory Games | West End Games | White Wolf | Wizards of the Coast | Yaquinto Publications |
| Return Home | What's New | Contact WaynesBooks.com |